Design Tips | August 27, 2017
Your home is both your safe haven and a place to welcome guests. By decorating accordingly, you can match your interior design to the mood you want to create. Choosing the right colors is one of the best ways to achieve this. Whether working with interior designers or approaching the project solo, consider the following color tips when redecorating your home.
- Bright colors open a space.: Light wall colors and accents draw the eye outward and make a room feel bigger. While darker colors feel like being wrapped in a warm blanket, lighter ones feel like spending a spring day outside. If you want to create an airy feel, this is the look for you.
- Green creates a sense of vitality.: Shades of green are often associated with nature and energy, so consider bringing some life into your house with this color. Paint a wall or room green, or consider placing green objects and plants around your home.
- Neutrals are cozy.: Earth tones give a natural and comforting feel to any space. Whether painting your walls a deep orange or choosing a dark brown couch, this color pallet evokes the same sense of calm that nature often does.
- See red in the kitchen.: Studies have shown that the color red actually increases appetite. Consider adorning your kitchen with red appliances, accessories, or other accents to make tummies grumble when they enter.
- White feels crisp and clean.: A popular choice for bedrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms, white evokes a feeling of freshness. By starting with this simple color and choosing the perfect accent color for your home’s personality, you can make any guest feel more breezy as they walk through the room.
Studies show that the most popular definitions of a happy home are a space where you feel secure (69%), a place for relaxation (64%), and a space where you are free to be yourself (57%). Processing with a professional interior designer and incorporating color designs into your interior decorating, you can take these emotions to the next level. Your home should be reflective of who you are, so take the steps to make it a more comfortable place to be.