Interior decorating is not a simple task. From the paint color to the furniture and accent pieces, all the elements of a room (or a home) should blend and enhance the design seamlessly. Many people fight and struggle to make their ideas come to life, and end up frustrated and defeated simply because they lack the knowledge and experience interior design requires to be successful. If you’re sick of pulling your hair out — or are just out of ideas — please take a look at our list of popular summer 2019 interior design trends.
- Recycled Kitchen: More and more people are paying attention to the impact their behavior has on the environment. Many stores have begun offering green options to keep up with this trend; by purchasing appliances and cabinetry that are made from recycled materials, you can reduce your carbon footprint and still enjoy the beauty of a new kitchen.
- Natural Textures: Natural textures are inherently cozy. The tactile experience is based around a slow living aesthetic; by emphasizing natural materials through textured throws and cushions, your home will adopt a truly comfortable and elegant feel.
- Mix and Match: If you’re not a fan of minimalism, focus on patterns. Don’t just pick one; by blending different designs in the same color palette, you can keep everything balanced visually without it being too plain or boring.
- Make It Cool: Utilizing warm colors will provide a look of elegance and warmth. Simple pops of color used throughout the design will bring life and a feel of relaxation and comfort to your decor. From your furniture to your carpets, using warm colors always adds a feel of sophistication.
- Mid-Century Modern: The key ingredients to mid-century design is simplicity. Incorporate sleek lines (such as tapered table legs) and other minimalist options to keep your home cool and collected.
The interior design industry generates around $10 billion every year. With so many choices and decisions to make, it’s often easier to rely on the expertise of a professional. Janet Brooks Design team, your interior designers in Phoenix are uniquely equipped to help you bring your summer decor concepts into reality; rather than waste time, effort, and money through trial and error, contact one of our dream team members today.